Conventional wisdom says that a college resume should always be one page, but that’s not the case anymore. “If one page does the trick, perfect; however, it’s fine if a college student needs more space as long as all of the information is relevant,” says Dr.
Is a 3 page resume too long?
So, is it okay to have a three-page resume? It depends but generally no, a resume should almost never be more than two pages long. … You want to give them a resume that’s clean, concise, and relevant. There is just no reason to take more than two pages to do that.
Should a college student resume be one page?
Most college students should be fine with one page on the length of their resume.
Are 2 page resumes OK?
If your resume goes onto two pages, it can sometimes make it more difficult to read. However, if you have only the most relevant information on both pages that is essential for the employer to read, a two-page resume is okay.
Is a CV or a resume better?
The CV presents a full history of your academic credentials, so the length of the document is variable. In contrast, a resume presents a concise picture of your skills and qualifications for a specific position, so length tends to be shorter and dictated by years of experience (generally 1-2 pages).
What should you not include in a resume?
Things not to put on your resume
- Too much information.
- A solid wall of text.
- Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
- Inaccuracies about your qualifications or experience.
- Unnecessary personal information.
- Your age.
- Negative comments about a former employer.
- Details about your hobbies and interests.
How do I shorten my resume?
How to shorten a resume
- Eliminate content that is not specifically relevant to the job you are applying for. …
- Reduce your page margins. …
- Combine multiple sections. …
- Keep contact information to a minimum. …
- Only list accomplishments when describing previous jobs. …
- Make your objective statement as short as possible. …
- Use bullet points.