Though most university professors make less than $250,000 annually, there’s a small contingent of professors who have topped the $1 million annual salary mark. This is normally because of other roles they hold at their institutions, beyond that of professor.
What type of professor gets paid the most?
The 10 Highest-Paying Fields for College Professors
- Political science teachers – $102,290. …
- Physics teachers – $101,110. …
- Anthropology and archaeology teachers – $95,140. …
- Environmental science teachers – $93,450. …
- Chemistry teachers – $92,650. …
- Geography teachers – $86,540. …
- Social sciences teachers – $85,390.
How much can a professor with a PhD make?
Salaries of PhD professors can range from $50,000 to around $150,000, according to PayScale.
Are professors rich?
Locally, professors earn more than average
Figure 1 shows that most professors earn in the range of $100-150k annually. … Overall though, the salaries of assistant professors are comparable to the report provided by Glassdoor for the national average of $80,667.
Why do professors make so little?
Why are academic salaries so low? Because professors will take the job anyway. If you headed the committee to decide how much salary to pay, what would you base your decision on? You would pay as little as possible.
How much do Harvard professors make?
Salary Ranges for Harvard Professors
The salaries of Harvard Professors in the US range from $25,034 to $668,858 , with a median salary of $122,248 . The middle 57% of Harvard Professors makes between $122,252 and $303,816, with the top 86% making $668,858.
What is the salary of a professor?
Professor – Pay by Experience Level
A mid career Professor with 4-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₹8,76,400, while a Senior Professor with 10-20 years of experience makes on average ₹24,21,000. Professors with more than 20 years of experience earn ₹27,98,000 on average.
Who is the richest college professor?
#269 David Cheriton
- “Professor Billionaire” David Cheriton, who is professor emeritus at Stanford University, made his fortune thanks to an early investment in Google.
- Cheriton and Andreas von Bechtolsheim (also now a billionaire) each invested $100,000 in Google when it was just getting started.